JULES users training
- JULES WORKSHOP IN EXETER: The most recent training course was held at Exeter in September 2018.
There is an increasing number of contributed tutorials for getting set up using JULES on various platforms. The following overlap a lot in terms of material and vary in level of detail, so best advice is to skim through a few of them before you decide which one(s) to go through in detail.
- Please see the JULES manual pages, which contain links to (a) the manual for your version of JULES (the first few sections of which give you an overview of the model and steps for Building and running JULES) and (b) all Kerry Smout-Day's JULES-Rose tutorials.
- The JULES TRAC contains a large number of information pages and self-teach tutorials (e.g. the Unofficial How-to Guide to using JULES on Jasmin) as well as links to useful pages like the JULES Tip of the Day, JULESWithRose, JULESRosePractical and UsingGriddedDatasets.
- You might also want to try Toby's JULES from scratch tutorial (May 2017, though with later updates).
- In July 2017 Charlie Williams wrote an Idiot's guide to Rose/Cylc for JULES on JASMIN Idiot's guide to RoseCylc for JULES v1.pdf.
- In March 2018 Patrick McGuire wrote a tutorial for teaching people at Univ. Reading about how to use Rose/Cylc for JULES on JASMIN.
- September 2018 - Edward Comyn-Platt started his JULES Tutorial youtube series.
- 2016 training at Lancaster by Toby Marthews and others at CEH/MetO: see here.
- 2012 training at Exeter by Matt Pryor 2012_MattPryors_jules_training_Exeter.zip
- 2010 training at CEH by Doug Clark 2010_Dougs_jules_practical.zip
These are still worth going through to pick up tips, but n.b. they do not refer to (and therefore cannot help with) the latest versions of JULES.