Details are below in email from Dr Simon Dadson
From: Jules <email@example.com> on behalf of Dadson, Simon J.
Sent: 27 June 2018 12:54
Subject: [Jules] NERC Hydro-JULES Open Meeting
Hydro-JULES: Next generation land-surface and hydrological predictions
We invite you to attend this free event to hear about the NERC-funded Hydro-JULES research programme which will build a three-dimensional community model of the terrestrial water cycle to underpin hydrological research in the United Kingdom. Hydro-JULES will be delivered by CEH in partnership with BGS and NCAS. This event will set out plans for the Hydro-JULES programme, and provides an opportunity for academic and research partners to engage with the programme at an early stage. Attendees are welcome from the academic and research community, and from stakeholder and model end-user groups.
The Hydro-JULES project covers topics in land-surface science and hydrology including: quantification of hydro-meteorological risks, using high-resolution climate predictions for hydrological applications, calculation the impacts of environmental change on evaporation, transpiration, and soil moisture, modelling flood inundation over large areas, representing anthropogenic interventions in the water cycle, and application of new techniques including Earth observation and data assimilation.
The event provides an opportunity for researchers and stakeholders to find out more about the programme and to get involved in discussions at an early stage.
This is a FREE event, but places are limited, so please register for your place now.
By attending this event, you will:
• Hear from a wide range of people about the Hydro-JULES research programme to create a community hydrological model for next-generation land-surface and hydrological science in the UK.
• Become aware of the aims and planned outputs from this research programme.
• Engage with researchers who will share details of planned work across hydrology, hydro-meteorology, flooding, and groundwater science.
• Have the opportunity to meet others interested in the programme and the science areas that it will support.
• Participate in exchange and debate regarding the Hydro-JULES community model and associated research plans.
• Hear about the further planned research in this area and how to get involved.
BOOK YOUR PLACE HERE (registration open until 10thAugust)
Note: The event will be held at the Centre for Ecology and Hydrology in Wallingford, Oxfordshire. Directions are available here: https://www.ceh.ac.uk/wallingford. Those travelling by train will find Didcot Parkway, Reading and Oxford to be the closest stations. Parking is available at CEH by prior arrangement.
Registration and coffee are available from 10am; talks start at 10.30am, lunch is at 12.30pm and afternoon discussion sessions will finish at 4pm.
An agenda, papers and travel directions will be sent to you prior to the meeting.
Dr. Simon Dadson
Centre for Ecology and Hydrology Maclean Building Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford UK OX10 8BB
Email firstname.lastname@example.org www.ceh.ac.uk